If you’ve been following me on twitter or facebook, you know that I have been busy redesigning the low-poly look of the game’s buildings. While I haven’t altered the poly count, I went with much more detail on the texturing front.
At first, the idea and inspiration came from my favourite game of all time – Betrayal at Krondor – but as I went on, searching for the look, I knew such minimalist graphics wouldn’t cut it. I wanted more detail. So I tried my hand at texturing, by applying UVs in Blender and drawing the actual textures in Affinity Photo, which I wholeheartedly reccommend as a cheap and equally valid alternative to Adobe’s Photoshop.
The result you can see in this photo.
I’ll report as more progress is made. Thank you for reading!
Be sure to follow ongoing and more detailed development of the game on Patreon.