Every metal detectorist knows that an extra set of batteries is the single most important thing to take with you when going out detecting.
Ok, that is the MOST important thing, but what about the rest?
I’ve spent some time asking people and reading about what they usually take on their detecting trip, and have compiled a list of stuff to take with you, so here it goes.
Behold! The List!
THE BASIC DETECTORIST’S EQUIPMENT
- A large backpack (65 liters)
- Your metal detector
- Any additional coils
- Batteries (detector, pinpointer and gps)
GPSAn iPhone find recording app like DigMate.
- A sturdy spade
- A smaller digger or large screwdriver
- Finds bag
- Body vest with lotsa pockets
SAFETY AND EMERGENCY
- An electronic mosquito/klop repellent
- A hunters knife/swiss knife
- A lighter or matches
- Duct tape
- A first-aid kit
- A led headlamp
- Small plastic zip-bags
- Paper tissues
- Rags (for dumping earth back into hole, cleaning equipment)
- Plastic bags
- Drinking water
- An energy bar or something similar
- A hair band if you’ve got long hair 🙂
- Meds – if you got any