If you don’t like the defaults either, and you don’t have time bothering to create your own, I have created 12 fresh backgrounds for you. 9 of these are meant to be used as replacements of garmin default images, so they are named exactly as garmin versions.
Installing the new backgrounds
- New Garmin Backgrounds.
- Unzip the downloaded file somewhere on your computer.
- Connect your garmin unit to your computer and wait for the Garmin drive to appear.
- If you want to preserve the garmin originals, it is time to back up them now. The backgrounds (.jpg files) are stored in the “Garmin->Profiles” directory in your unit’s internal memory, which you should have mounted my now. Copy those files somewhere on your computer for safekeeping.
- Copy the jpg files you unzipped previously into the “Garmin->Profiles” directory in your unit’s internal memory.
- Eject the garmin unit.
- Enjoy the new backgrounds.